Shortly after moving into our new home, my husband requested scones for breakfast one day. We hadn’t really done a lot of grocery shopping, and my love for scones has been put on the back burner since trying to figure out if my son has allergies and with all the unpacking we’ve been doing, it’s been a bit crazy to say the least. So what my hubby got was this recipe for Almond White Chocolate Cherry Scones. It was what I had on hand, and it was all I could offer. I threw it together so fast that I didn’t even stop to take pictures!
Thankfully, it turned out good enough to repeat!Yield: 10 medium scones
Prep time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 12 minutes
2.5 cups all purpose flour
1.5 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp brown sugar
6 tbsp butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp almond extract
1/4 cup slivered almonds
1/2 cup dried cherries
1/4 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup 2% milk
1) Preheat the oven to 450°F. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and brown sugar. Whisk to mix.
2) In a small bowl or measuring cup, combine the milk, vanilla, and almond extracts and whisk lightly to mix. Set aside.
3) Add the chilled, chopped butter to the dry ingredients and work in using a pastry blender or your fingertips until the mixture resembles coarse sand.
4) Turn out onto a floured countertop and knead a few times to bring dough together. Flatten into a log (or two rounds) and cut into 10 equal triangles.
5) Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet about two inches apart from one another.
6) Bake at 450°F for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
7) Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before enjoying.
These were great. A little sweet for my tastes, but I’m not a huge fan of white chocolate. If you don’t like your scones too sweet, you could easily omit the brown sugar and this recipe will still be sweet enough. Alternatively you could omit or substitute out the white chocolate chips and have a slightly different scone that would still taste great.
Like this recipe? See it on Yummly. Give the link a click and share!